University Avenue will be fully closed from 42nd St. to Stanford Road starting Saturday, June 1st, and will reopen on Friday, June 14th. The closure is for the installation of a new gas line for the new steam plant as well as concrete replacement on University Avenue West.
Traffic will be detoured by using 42nd St. North to 6th Ave. North (for cars) or Gateway Drive (for trucks) and to Stanford Road to access campus. The above picture includes the green highlighted roads, which are open, and the red roads, which indicates traffic closures.
- Access to UND Housing Apartments on Tulane and Berkeley Dr. stays the same as it is today, off of State Street north of University Avenue.
- There will be a new detour route created through Chester Fritz Auditorium Parking Lot to allow for steam vault work near intersection of Strinden Road and Campus Road.
- As indicated and shown in orange on the map, only south-bound to west-bound traffic will be allowed past the detour in the Chester Fritz Auditorium Parking Lot.
- All parking lots currently open will remain open.
- Manitoba Avenue will have two-directional traffic.