University Avenue Closure – Update Two

On Monday, May 13th, the University Ave road closure will extend out to Columbia Road.  University Ave and University Ave sidewalks will be fully closed in both directions between Columbia Ave and Princeton St.  Pedestrian access across University Ave will be available at Princeton St, Harvard St, and Columbia Ave.  Access to UND Campus roadways will be available via 2nd Ave North/Columbia Road and via Campus Road on the west side of the English Coulee.

5 thoughts on “University Avenue Closure – Update Two

• May 9, 2019 at 10:23 am
    Permalink

Question/Parking: I park in the Ramp and walk to Chester Fritz Library. The Ramp is closed next week (May 12-19?). Do you have suggestions where I can park for that week? When the Ramp opens, will sidewalks on 2nd Ave. N be open so I can walk through the construction to the Library? If not, do you have suggestions for walking paths?
    VERY nice map/diagram of the construction area.
    Thanks!
    Denyse

Reply
    • May 9, 2019 at 10:34 am
      Permalink

Hi Denyse,
      The best location to park that’s close to the ramp would be the lot to the east of Columbia. During the ramp closure, permit holders may continue to use the skywalk and towers for crossing Columbia. The ramp is only closing for annual maintenance, so sidewalks on 2nd Avenue N. will be open.

Reply
      • May 9, 2019 at 2:01 pm
        Permalink

Thanks! I’ve never investigated the east parking lot – I thought it was student/visitors only. Is it okay for me to park there with an A permit?

Reply
        • May 9, 2019 at 2:38 pm
          Permalink

Yes, a large portion is an A/S/H permit lot.

Reply
  • October 27, 2020 at 9:29 am
    Permalink

What do the lighted art towers amid the University Ave gardens depict? I can identify some as various colleges we have on campus, but I’d like a full list, with pictures.

Reply