As we prepare to start the fall semester, please note the following updates as you navigate around campus and provide directions to new and returning students.
Updates for Friday, August 23:
- University Avenue will reopen from 42nd Avenue to Columbia Road at 6:00am on Friday, August 23.
- West Centennial Drive (near Merrifield Hall) will open to two-directional traffic on Friday, August 23.
- The new parking lot located west of Burtness Theatre will open for use by the end of day on Friday, August 23.
Updates for the Week of August 26 and beyond:
- Campus Road between the Steam Plant and Strinden Road will be closed from Monday, August 26, through Friday, September 6, to allow for steam line installation. During this time there will be no parking along the rail road tracks on Campus Road.
- The new parking lot located near Gustafson Hall will open by Friday, September 6.
- Road reconstruction at Yale Drive and Campus Road (between Clifford Hall and Odegard Hall) will be completed in September.
- Oxford Street between University Avenue and 5th Avenue North will open in September.
- Traffic signals at the intersection of University Avenue and Oxford Street will be installed in November.
- East Centennial Drive will be closed to all vehicles other than UND Maintenance, UND Police, and Emergency vehicles between University Ave and the access road to the Upson parking lot.
- 2nd Avenue North between East Centennial Drive and Cornell Street is closed for the Memorial Union project. The sidewalk on the south side of 2nd Avenue North (on the north side of O’Kelly Hall and McCannel Hall) is open.