There’s still time for your student to fill out their Free Application for Federal Student Aid for the 2020-21 academic year, if they haven’t already.
It’s easy to complete. Just go to studentaid.gov and use 2018 taxes to fill out the form. When filing, be sure to use UND code 003005 so we receive your information.
The benefits of being fast with your FAFSA:
- FAFSA information determines your eligibility for federal aid, as well as grants and other financial aid from your home state.
- Many scholarships rely on information provided in your FAFSA.
- Most students qualify for some type of federal aid, including low-interest student loans.
- Never assume your student won’t qualify for aid based on income alone. Many factors are considered, including family size and year in school.
- So get going! It takes only about 30 minutes to complete and about seven business days for the info to reach UND.
Filling out the FAFSA early provides your student with a better chance to receive an award from programs with limited funds such as Federal Work Study or grants.