UND’s goal is to standardize and simplify the billing to the UND Alumni Foundation. To simplify the process, all billings to the UND Foundation will be processed in one of two different ways.
- Salaries, fringe, and/or operating expenses coded to 79XXX funds will be billed to the UND Foundation annually. This billing will occur when the budget is finalized for 79XXX funds, around July.
- All other salaries, fringe, and/or operating expenses will be coded to a 26XXX fund and the Accountant in Payment Services will bill the UND Alumni Foundation for reimbursement.
- The department will code the expense to a 26XXX fund.
- Operating expenses coded in Jaggaer will need to have the alumni flow through fund (example 67548- foundation fund number) in the internal notes on the line level.
- Travel and expense report, journal entries, and journal vouchers in PeopleSoft will need to have the alumni flow through fund (example 67548- foundation fund number) stated in the description.
- Hourly payroll and limited time payroll and fringes can now be code to 26XXX fund.
Starting April 1, 2021 the UND foundation will not accept any billings from other departments.
Laura Nelson, Director of Finance, Procurement & Payment Services