JE Quick Tip #5- How do I know which journal class to use?

JE Quick Tip #5: Journal classes are used to route a journal for appropriate approvals. Each journal class has an assigned workflow of approvers based on the type of journal.

Three common journal classes used by departments are:

  1. COR-To correct a previous entry
  2. CTF-To transfer cash from one fund to another
  3. IDB-To charge another department for a service

A complete list of journal classes and the associated approval workflows can be found here:

Want to learn more than one tip per week? Visit the journal entry/journal import training site here:

Do you have questions about this tip? Email