A flood update was released April 2, and a summary was provided by East Grand Forks Emergency Management.
Here are highlights from that site:
- We are seeing increases in river levels and anticipate continued increases with warmer weather
- The National Weather Service has decreased the flood outlook to between 75% to 90% range from the March 15 outlook. (approximately 45.8 to 49 feet )
- The forecast is favorable for a continued slow melt with minimum rain in the forecast.
- We are observing river flows from the East on the Red Lake River and from the South on the Red River. So far levels are coming in lower than anticipated
- Crews in East Grand Forks are prepared to build walls and closures at a moment’s notice.
- The National Weather Service is starting a daily flood briefing and flood recon sharing starting April 3, to share information happening in the Red River Basin.