Some background information about flood responses, written last year, is available here.
As you consider the potential impact spring flooding might have on you or your student, it is important that you know where to look for information and resources so that you can make informed decisions on topics such as flood insurance, renter’s insurance, etc.
Some resources and websites that might be of interest:
- Recent Grand Forks Herald articles:
- Jan. 24, 2020 – Significant spring flooding expected in Red River Valley
- Feb. 10, 2020 – Should you buy flood insurance this year?
- As a reminder, UND is not responsible for students’ property in the residence halls or on-campus apartments that might be damaged by flood or sewer backup. Residents should consult with their insurance agent to confirm their coverage details.
- National Weather Service
- Grand Forks is located in the Red River Basin. The Devils Lake Basin is located to the west of Grand Forks.
- City of Grand Forks Flood Control
Spring flooding impacts members of the Greater Grand Forks Community in different ways. University staff and administrators will be working in conjunction with City of Grand Forks leaders as preparations are made for potential flooding. Future updates will be provided on the UND Flood Information 2020 blog and shared through various University communications. You can subscribe to the flood blog to receive future updates.