For Your Health
For Your Health

News from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences

Katarina Domitrovich

Katarina Domitrovich is a COVID-19 case manager with the University of North Dakota and North Dakota Department of Health (NDDoH). In this role, Katarina works closely with the NDDoH to delegate COVID-19 cases from across the state to contact tracers hired through UND, while continuing to assist in updating policy and protocol in handling COVID-19 tracing and education among her team. Katarina has first-hand experience in COVID-19 contact tracing and case investigation, as she has been on UND’s COVID-19 team since April 2020. Katarina is from Fargo, N.D., and received her Bachelor of Arts degree in biology from Concordia College in Moorhead, Minn. She conducted post-undergraduate microbiology research with Dr. Sumali Pandey at Minnesota State University Moorhead (MSUM) and is a current Master of Public Health graduate student at UND, specializing in Population Health Research and Analytics.

“Public health is something I never saw myself doing, and yet everything I want in a future career,” Katarina said. “Advocating for underserved populations around the world, doing research and promoting and advancing policy that can make a difference: that’s what I want to do with my life. While this pandemic is, hopefully, a once-in-a-lifetime experience, I am very fortunate to have an educational front row seat for an event that will give me direct training in epidemiology, infectious disease and working with global populations. I am very fortunate to have been given this opportunity and am very excited to be a part of the UND family in another capacity.”