Research Tips: Do you need a modification on your sponsored project?

If you need to make changes to an awarded project, a Request for Modification form must be completed and forwarded to the central Research and Sponsored Program Development (RSPD) Office. These changes could include a no-cost extension, principal investigator change, or a carry forward request. The form is located on their website. Once the form has been filled out and signed, RSPD will review the request and determine what action is needed, which may include contract modification with the sponsor. The sponsor may need to approve the request. Any questions may be directed to the SMHS Grants Manager or RSPD.