UND’s license to access RefWorks will expire on June 30, 2019.
Because of low use, high costs, and the availability of free products, the University’s subscription to RefWorks, a reference and citation management software, will be discontinued. This decision was made by a team of representatives from UND Libraries and the Teaching Transformation and Development Academy (TTaDA).
But, I LOVE RefWorks! What will I do?
- Try RefWorks LITE. It’s FREE and you can transfer everything from your current RefWorks account into your new LITE account.
How do I do this?
1. Log into your current RefWorks account: RefWorks | RefWorks legacy
2. RefWorks legacy users: move to the newest version of RefWorks.
3. Upload full text of documents as attachments in RefWorks (optional)
4. Notify those with who you have shared collections in RefWorks that the sharing functionally will end
5. Transition to RefWorks LITE will automatically occur after June 30th, 2019
- Try one of the free citation managers. You can learn about them here.NOTE
RefWorks legacy will DISAPPEAR on June 30th, 2019. Move to the newest version or export content for use in another program on or before this date or will lose access to RefWorks!
Where can I get help?
- Librarians from SMHS Library Resources and Chester Fritz Library will support those who continue with RefWorks LITE, as well as those who choose to transfer their citations to another reference and citation manager.
- During fall 2019 semester, the librarians at the Chester Fritz Library plan to offer hands-on workshops for organizing and managing resources.