Do you want “NASA” on your resume?
2019-2020 STEM Ambassador Applications are now open!
PDF flyer with position details here.
Program details online here.
- Students will participate in public outreach events, hands-on projects, and K-12 educational activities.
- The appointment begins August 16, 2019 and students are paid $12/hour.
- A sample of activities conducted can be found here: https://bit.ly/2TWsvDD.
- Students work flexible hours, generally ~40 hours per semester.
- Students must be self-motivated and capable of organizing their own events.
STEM Ambassadors are required to participate in a training session at UND in the fall semester of 2019 where they will gain experience conducting various STEM (science, technology, engineering, and mathematics) and NASA lesson plans. Students should feel comfortable visiting K-12 schools on their own and leading these activities. STEM Ambassadors work individually, with other STEM Ambassadors, and with the NDSGC team, for different outreach events. Education students are highly encouraged to apply.
- U.S. Citizen
- Enrolled at an NDSGC affiliate college or university
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- All majors welcome to apply!
How to Apply:
Apply online at: http://ndspacegrant.und.edu/applications/stem-ambassadors-form.aspx
- Letter of recommendation from a faculty member
- Three 300-word essays (questions on website)
- Unofficial transcript
Deadline: May 31, 2019
Training session: August/September 2019 (TBD)
For questions, please contact Marissa Saad at firstname.lastname@example.org