NASA-in-the-Classroom Professional Development Workshop
VIRTUAL Hands-on Professional Development Workshop open to all ND educators
Stay at home and participate in this 100% virtual NASA-in-the-Classroom professional development workshop. Open to all North Dakota K-12 educators and education majors, participants will receive a free Sphero robot and join their class as they learn how to integrate coding into the curriculum. Participants will also be able to interview a NASA technology expert, as well as learn about other NASA education and funding opportunities to stay involved throughout the year.
Hosted by the North Dakota Space Grant Consortium (NDSGC) and United Tribes Technical College (UTTC), we encourage interested educators to request a seat in the workshop, regardless of your experience levels, subject content areas, and teaching experience. After applying for a seat, a confirmation email will be sent out, informing you of your acceptance (first-come-first-serve basis; max 20 people). Note: participants must have access to a computer, internet, and electrical power to complete this workshop. A personal mailing address must be provided to receive your free Sphero Bolt robot.
Synchronous Meeting Dates:
August 4, 2020 (9:00 AM – 1:00 PM CDT)
August 6, 2020, August 11, 2020, August 13, 2020 (9:00 AM – 12:00 PM CDT)
(virtual office hours 1 hour before and after the session)
Sign up here: https://tinyurl.com/NDsummer2020
- Learn how to integrate coding into your curriculum using a Sphero Bolt Robot
- Network with other ND educators
- Learn how you can get involved in NASA education and PD opportunities
Summer 2020 Workshop
- Workshop will use Zoom web-conferencing to host 20 educators.
- Four synchronous Zoom sessions; some asynchronous at-home tasks
- Earn 1-Professional Development Credit through UND (or)
- If you are interested in applying for CEU at UTTC, please contact Anna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Hear from a NASA technology expert in a Q+A session
Free for Educators!
- The NDSGC will provide free a Sphero Bolt robot and support materials, including a one-year membership for Sphero technical support.
- UTTC Intertribal Research and Resource Center will provide a stipend for PD enrollment.
Questions? Please contact: