North Dakota NASA EPSCoR (Established Program to Simulate Competitive Research) is soliciting research pre-proposals from faculty at affiliate institutions. These pre-proposals are in response to the recent NASA CAN (Cooperative Agreement Notice) International Space Station (ISS) Flight Opportunity, Announcement Number: NNH21ZHA001C.
The purpose of the ND NASA EPSCoR Research Seed Grant program is to promote, develop, and expand NASA research in North Dakota aligned with NASA priorities and Mission Directorates as outlined in the following sources:
- NASA Priorities:
- NASA Mission Directorates:
- Faculty PI must be from an ND NASA EPSCoR affiliate institution.
- Research must be in STEM (science, technology, engineering, or mathematics) and demonstrate alignment with NASA priorities and one or more NASA Mission Directorates.
- Research must meet all eligibility requirements defined in the NASA EPSCoR CAN ISS Flight Opportunity.
Proposal Submission Timeline:
- Pre-proposals due to ND NASA EPSCoR: Noon, 11/10/20
- Pre-proposals will be evaluated in a down-select. Only one full proposal may move forward for consideration by NASA.
- Successful pre-proposal team notified: 11/20/20
- Full proposal due in NSPIRES: 1/7/21
One of the primary goals of the NASA EPSCoR program is to assist faculty in developing research programs that can be funded outside of the NASA EPSCoR program in the future. Therefore, proposers should specifically include a plan to develop and expand their proposal into an independently funded research group beyond the timeframe of this funding opportunity. A goal of ND NASA EPSCoR is also to assist the development of multiple NASA relevant research clusters in North Dakota. Proposals involving collaboration across departments, universities, and research groups/scientists at NASA Centers, are strongly encouraged.
Finance questions may be directed to Laurie Baumgartner: firstname.lastname@example.org
General questions may be directed to Caitlin Nolby: email@example.com or Marissa Saad: firstname.lastname@example.org