Overview: The Strategic Planning Committee believes that UND’s Core Values flow from its educational mission. The Committee has developed a preliminary statement of UND’s Core Values. This Campus Conversation creates an opportunity for the campus community to provide its insights on this Core Values statement.
Draft Core Values for Consideration:
At UND, our Core Values include:
- A liberal arts educational foundation that nurtures life-long learning.
- An understanding and appreciation of diversity.
- A welcoming, inclusive, and supportive environment.
- An enthusiasm for discovery, creativity and innovation.
- Collaboration and connectedness.
- Our service to the state, region, nation, and global community.
Questions to Consider:
- How does the UND community currently embody and express these core values?
- How should the UND community aspire to embody and express our core values?
- How would we measure our success in achieving our core values?
- What, if anything, would you add or change in these statements of our core values that embodies or expresses who we are as a University community?
Please provide feedback on this topic at one of the Campus Conversations (check events page for times and locations), add comments below, or send comments to UND.email@example.com. Please respond by November 1, 2016. Thank you!
* If responding to a specific question, please note the question you are responding to.
In the interest of gathering constructive feedback, please refrain from using profanity or abusive language in your comments.