Overview: The Strategic Planning Committee has developed eight preliminary Strategic Initiatives that flow from its educational mission and Core Values. These Initiatives would provide the foundation of the Strategic Plan. This Campus Conversation creates an opportunity for the campus community to provide its insights on the Strategic Initiatives.
At UND, our Strategic Initiatives include:
- Diversity – creating a welcoming and inclusive environment
- Teaching – implementing best and next practices in teaching and learning
- Liberal arts – providing a strong liberal arts foundation
- Scholarship – achieving national excellence in research, scholarly, and creative activity
- Collaboration – breaking down silos toward One UND
- Community – fostering greater engagement and connection with the community and world
- Recruitment – recruiting and admissions to achieve a diverse and high-quality student body
- Success – retaining, graduating, and successful placement/employment
- Are these the right initiatives for UND to be focusing on? Why or why not?
- Are the descriptions of the initiatives specific and accurate? If not, what would you add or change?
- Are there initiatives missing? If so, what are they and how would you define them?
Please provide feedback on this topic at one of the Campus Conversations (check events page for times and locations), add comments below, or send comments to UND.firstname.lastname@example.org. Please respond by November 1, 2016. Thank you!
* If responding to a specific question, please note the question you are responding to.
In the interest of gathering constructive feedback, please refrain from using profanity or abusive language in your comments.