The insurance annual open enrollment is October 16 through November 3. Annual enrollment gives employees the opportunity to enroll in health, life (State Life or UND Life), dental (Delta Dental or Total Dental), vision and long term care insurance coverage for which they are not currently participating, add/remove dependents and increase/decrease coverage levels.
If you’re not making any changes to your insurance benefits you don’t have to do anything.
Coverage is effective on January 1, 2018 (except pending insurability approvals).
- State Life Insurance:
- Employee Supplemental Coverage: Employees may increase their supplemental coverage by $25,000, up to a maximum guarantee issue of $200,000 without Evidence of Insurability (EOI).
Employees wishing to increase their supplemental coverage by more than $25,000 or above the guarantee issue of $200,000 (up to the maximum coverage limit of $400,000) must complete and submit an EOI.
- Dependent Supplemental Coverage: Employees currently enrolled in $2,000 or $5,000 dependent supplemental coverage may apply for an increase to the new tiers of either $7,000 or $10,000 during Annual Enrollment without EOI. However, requests for new coverage or future requests to increase coverage will require EOI.
- Spouse Supplemental Coverage: The maximum coverage level is increasing from $100,000 to $200,000. Spouse supplemental coverage can’t exceed 50% of the employee coverage. All requests to increase coverage during Annual Enrollment will require EOI.
Return the completed EOI to the Payroll Office for processing.
- Delta Dental (through NDPERS) & Superior Vision:
Delta Dental Monthly Rates
Employee Only $ 38.64
Employee + Spouse $ 74.58
Employee + Child(ren) $ 86.58
Employee + Family $123.30
Superior Vision Monthly Rates
Employee Only $ 6.57
Employee + Spouse $13.15
Employee + Child(ren) $11.98
Employee + Family $18.55
- Change in Vision & Dental Insurance Policy:
- Effective January 1, 2018 employees that enroll in the NDPERS dental or vision plans will be prohibited from cancelling that coverage during the year. This policy applies regardless of whether or not the premium is pre-taxed. You will still be allowed to increase or decrease your level of coverage subject to a qualifying event and completion of an application within 31 days of the event.
Information and enrollment for the NDPERS insurance plans will be available at https://ndpers.nd.gov/annual-enrollment. Click on the NDPERS PERSLink Member Self Service box and log in. Click on the red annual enrollment box to enroll. NDPERS insurance enrollment is paperless (except for EOI). EOI forms can be completed online at NDPERS or are available on the Payroll Office website. EOI forms should be sent to the Payroll Office for processing. If you have problems enrolling online you should contact NDPERS at 1-800-803-7377.
Total Dental Insurance & Mutual of Omaha life insurance information is available on the Payroll website at: http://und.edu/finance-operations/human-resources-payroll/employees/open-enrollment.cfm
- AFLAC information is available anytime from the local AFLAC Office at 701-772-4921.
- Employees may update their beneficiaries anytime during the year. State Life and NDPERS retirement beneficiary forms are available on the NDPERS web site or on the Payroll Office website. The UND Life beneficiary change form is only located on the Payroll Office website.
- TIAA retirement beneficiary changes are made online at tiaa-cref.org/und.
Contact the Payroll Office with your insurance questions at 701-777-2158.
UND Flex Comp enrollment information will be mailed to all benefited employees at a later date.
Do not sign up for UND Flex Comp on the NDPERS website.