UND’s 2018 Founders Day banquet will be held Thursday, Feb. 22, in the Memorial Union Ballroom. A reception will begin at 5:15 p.m. with music provided by the UND Saxophone Quartet. The banquet will begin at 6 p.m.
This year’s Founders Day marks the 135th anniversary of the signing of the Dakota Territory legislation establishing the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks. It is the official birthday of UND! The first celebration of Founders Day was held in 1904.
In the UND Founders Day tradition, faculty and staff members retiring between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018 with at least 15 years of service, employees with 25-years of service to UND, and department and faculty award winners will be recognized during the banquet.
Tickets for the Founders Day banquet are only $25 each and must be purchased by 12:00 noon on Friday, February 16th. Use the following link to purchase tickets: UND.edu/founders-day.
Twenty-five years of service
To be eligible for recognition for 25 years of service at UND’s 2018 Founders Day, honorees must meet all the following criteria: 1) Be a benefitted faculty or staff member; 2) Have reached 25 years of continuous service to the university between July 1, 2017 and June 30, 2018.
- Julie Abrahamson, Assistant Professor, Chemistry
- George Bibel, Professor, Mechanical Engineering
- John Collings, Associate Professor, Mathematics
- Grant Dunham, Research Manager, Energy & Environmental Research Center
- Ric Ferraro, Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor, Psychology
- Edith Green, Microbiology Laboratory Manager, Biomedical Sciences
- David Halverson, Building Services Technician, Facilities
- Kathleen Hiller, Registered Nurse, School of Medicine & Health Sciences – Minot Center for Family Medicine
- Monte Koshel, Associate Director, Television Center
- Melinda Leach, Professor, Anthropology
- Darin Lee, Supervisor, Campus Postal Services
- Cathy Lerud, Administrative Officer, EPSCOR
- Geralyn Lunski, Administrative Assistant, Surgery
- Justin McDonald, Professor, Psychology
- Roxanne Miller, Reception/Medical Records Technician, Student Health Services
- Peggy Mohr, Professor, Physical Therapy
- Kari Nelson, Pharmacist, Student Health Services
- Douglas Norgard, Storekeeper Lead, Facilities
- Wesley Peck, Senior Research Manager, Energy & Environmental Research Center
- David Pierce, Professor, Chemistry
- Dmitri Poltavski, Associate Professor, Psychology
- Sharlene Rakoczy, Research Specialist, Biomedical Sciences
- Stephen Reller, Account Technician, School of Medicine & Health Sciences
- Rebecca Rude, Coordinator, Nutrition, Office of Extended Learning
- Leo Saucedo, Aircraft Dispatch Manager, Flight Operations
- John Shabb, Associate Professor, Biomedical Sciences
- Teri Sharp, Mailing Clerk, Mailing Services
- Lee Smith, Broadcasting Engineer, Academic Support Services
- Lori Swinney, Director of Instructional Design & Digital Learning, Development Academy