As part of Time Out Week, you are invited to join the Department of Communication and the College of Arts & Sciences for “Standing Rock & the Media” Thursday, April 19 in the Ballroom at the Memorial Union.
“Standing Rock & the Media” was developed by Mark Trahant, Chuck Johnson Endowed Professor of Journalism in the UND Department of Communication and is sponsored in part by a grant from Humanities North Dakota.
- 9 a.m., Slide show of Standing Rock news stories, video and photographs
- 9:30 a.m., “A Conversation with Jodi Gillette” (pictured)
- 11 a.m., Panel of Reporters featuring Sandy Tolan, LA Times; Renee Jean, Willison Herald; Jason Begay, Montana Journalism Review
- 12:15 p.m., Lunch provided by the Department of Communication and the College of Arts & Sciences
- 1 p.m., Hagerty Lecture Keynote with Jenni Monet
- 2 p.m., “Challenges of Communicating the Government’s Story,” Nicole Willis, Standing Rock
- 3:30 p.m., “What We’ve Learned?” A Townhall and Debriefing with Mike Jacobs
- 6 p.m., Dream Building and Live Music with Fire Rose Indigenous Recording Artist