The University of North Dakota and other partners in the Midwest Big Data Hub will collaborate on a two-day Smart Cities, Resilient Communities workshop to address rural health and community challenges on July 17 and 18. This is part of an effort to expand extramural funding in rural health and to focus on assistance in rural communities.
Here are a few of the confirmed keynote speakers:
- Former North Dakota Governor Ed Schafer
- Lt. Governor Brent Sanford
- Mary Wakefield – served in the Obama administration as acting United States Deputy Secretary of Health and Human Services from 2015 to 2017, and as head of the Health Resources and Services Administration from 2009 to 2015.
UND and the broader Midwest Big Data Hub community are hosting a meeting on how data and data-related technology can affect rural communities and small municipalities.
- Resilient Communities (Smart Cities) Workshop: http://midwestbigdatahub.org/smart-local-resilient-home/
- Draft Agenda: http://midwestbigdatahub.org/smart-local-resilient-agenda/
- Logistics: http://midwestbigdatahub.org/smart-local-resilient-logistics/
Please register at http://midwestbigdatahub.org/smart-local-resilient-registration/.