University Letter

UND's faculty and staff newsletter

Tim Korsmoe is September U-Shine Award recipient

UND Staff Senate is pleased to announce that the September 2018 U-Shine Award recipient is Tim Korsmoe, Building Services Technician, for Facilities. He was nominated by Julie Hill. The nomination stated:

“As I was about to end my shift, a VERY bad leak developed in one of our buildings. When we could not get anyone to come in for a while to assist, Tim went to his truck and grabbed plastic sheeting and rigged it so it would go into the garbage can so we would not have that bad of a mess. Throughout the night he would go over to his building and clean then come back and check on the leak until it was his time to go home. Tim also knows a lot about stripping and waxing floors and he is the first person to volunteer when we are short staffed. Tim takes it upon himself to help the other crews with their stripping and waxing plus will do his building in between coats. Last Monday we had a person on vacation and two people called in sick and he was the only person to volunteer to help me clean the four buildings. After he finished helping me he headed towards his building to begin the work there. I wasn’t going to let him do his building by himself when he just helped me with the four buildings, so we cleaned it together. Tim is an asset to our crew and to UND!”

The U-Shine Award is presented monthly to a UND staff member who goes out of his or her way to make UND a better place. All UShine Award winners receive a certificate and a $50 bonus, which is added to their next paycheck. For more information on the UShine Award or to nominate a colleague, click here: UShine Nomination