Vice President for Academic Affairs and Provost Tom DiLorenzo announced today that Amy Henley, dean of the UND College of Business & Public Administration; and Ken Ruit, associate dean at the UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences, will serve as co-chairs of the search committee to fill the permanent deanship in the College of Arts & Sciences.
The position most recently was held by Debbie Storrs, who now serves as senior vice provost in the Division of Academic Affairs. Brad Rundquist, a professor of geography, recently was named interim dean of Arts & Sciences, to serve until a permanent successor is chosen.
The other members of the search committee are:
- Justin Berg, associate professor of sociology
- Samantha Eastman, College of Arts & Sciences Advising Center assistant and UND Staff Senate representative
- Erik Fritzell, chair of the College of Arts & Sciences Advisory Board
- Macy Kopp, psychology undergraduate student
- Alena Kubatova, Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor of Chemistry
- Mike Mannausau, vice president of development for UND Alumni Association & Foundation
- Michelle Sauer, professor of English
- Donovan Widmer, member of the Executive Council Group and chair of the Departments of Art & Design and Theatre Arts
Sona K. Andrews, a senior consultant with Summit Search Solutions, Inc., will help advise the search committee. Carrie Jackson, College of Arts & Sciences dean’s office, will provide administrative support.