Cara Halgren, vice president for student affairs & diversity, has been selected as the recipient of the NASPA IV-W James J. Rhatigan Outstanding Dean Award. This award is presented to a Senior Student Affairs Officer who has made a significant contribution to students, student affairs, and their respective campus. NASPA (Student Affairs Professionals in Higher Education) is a leading professional association for student affairs professionals.
More specifically, nominees are evaluated on the following criteria:
- Seen as collaborative, effective, and inspirational by a range of campus constituencies
- Strategic and innovative in providing programs and services to students
- High level of competency in developing staff
- Exemplary managerial and administrative skills
- Extended length of service to student affairs profession and as Senior Student Affairs Officer
- Leadership in greater campus and community affairs
The award will be presented to Halgren during the NASPA IV-W Conference in Fargo, Oct. 28 – 30.