University is required to procure workers compensation for employees working outside North Dakota

This coverage must be in place at the time the employee begins his or her duties.

The Risk Management Workers Compensation Program coordinates the purchase of this required coverage for all state agencies through its broker.

Part-time employees, adjunct faculty, etc. must also be considered.

The Out of State Workers Compensation Coverage Form needs to be completed by the department, not the employee.

This form is  located on the UND Department of Public Safety web site:

Send the completed information to Stop 9031 or e-mail it to: The information will be forwarded to Risk Management to obtain the coverage. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to contact the Office of Safety at 777-3341.