The Office of Research & Sponsored Program Development’s online proposal management system, developed by Novelution, launched Jan. 6. We are excited to be able to provide this opportunity to create efficiencies in the external funding proposal process on campus.
This system will enable a paperless proposal management and routing process with future communication to agency online submission systems. Institutional Review Board and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee functions will be added to UND’s proposal management software later in 2020.
- Jan. 6 – Full campus launch; while not required until April 1, 2020 (see below), all faculty and staff will be able to log in to the system to complete proposals. Detailed directions for proposal creation in the system will be available on the RSPD website.
- January & February – The Office of Research & Sponsored Program Development will hold multiple scheduled trainings available for all members of campus. Specific training information will be provided to campus in early January. Upon request by college administration, the office will conduct additional, college specific trainings.
- April 1, 2020 – The Office of Research & Sponsored Program Development will stop accepting proposals outside of the online system. All proposals submitted for external funding must be submitted in the online system.
- Novelution login is integrated with Peoplesoft., Peoplesoft login information can be used to login to the system at erac.und.edu.
- Proposals created in the system will automatically route for department chair and dean approvals when submitted, creating a more efficient proposal approval process.
- User access can be manually updated by RSPD staff – colleges and departments can request various levels of edit and approval access for admin and proxy users within departmental/college proposal records.
- Deans will have access to review and comment on all proposals and awards within their college at any stage of development.
- The system provides an option to build a proposal budget within the system proposal record, which will automatically calculate salary, fringe for named personnel and facilities and administrative costs.
- Report capabilities allow for sorting and filtering, to create a wide range of customizable reports.
- Institutional Review Board and Institutional Animal Care and Use Committe modules will be integrated in 2020, which will allow for linking and review of protocol information within proposal and award records.
- UND’s CITI Program profile will be integrated in 2020, to provide automatic cross checking of completion for PHS agency required Financial Conflict of Interest training.
For additional questions, please contact Michael Sadler, Research & Sponsored Program Development, michael.p.sadler@UND.edu; 777-4152.