Research from the Federal Highway Administration Study on Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons shows:
- Serious injury and fatal crashes reduced by 15%
- Pedestrian crashes reduced by 55%
- 96% driver compliance when PHB was active
- Total crashes reduced by 29%
- 50% less delay compared to traditional signalized crossings
The Pedestrian Hybrid Beacon operates differently than traditional signals, especially for drivers. Pedestrians and drivers are encouraged to review information on interacting with these Pedestrian Hybrid Beacons by visiting this graphic (Image credit: City of Austin Texas) or this video.
For more information, please call the City of Grand Forks Engineering Division at 701-746-2640.
— UND Facilities Management