With the 2020-2021 parking permit year set to begin on Aug. 1, 2020, Parking Services has put together this brief summary with suggestions for those customers uncertain about their parking needs due to COVID-19.
- UND will not be increasing parking permit rates for 2020-2021.
- New for 2020-2021, UND will be making $130 semester parking permits available.
- If your need for on-campus parking in 2020-2021 is anticipated to be reduced, customers might want to consider using UND’s Passport Parking app. Information and an instructional video can be found at the following link: https://campus.und.edu/transportation/parking/passport.html . UND will monitor Passport Parking spaces and add additional spaces as needed to accommodate areas not historically serviced by Passport Parking in the past.
- UND Parking Services will actively monitor parking lot usage and make adjustments when possible to allow flexibility for all customers to access under-utilized parking spaces
- UND Parking Services will actively monitor parking lot usage and possibly close less convenient under-utilized parking lots during the winter to save snow removal expenses
- UND will continue in 2020-2021 to offer open parking that begins at 4pm to 7am, Monday through Friday and all day on the weekends.
Parking permit pre-sales began July 28 for the Fall 2020-21 school year. Your 2020-21 permit is effective Aug. 1. Parking staff will be in the field starting Aug. 3, issuing warnings the first week of the new permit year.
The parking portal is located at https://ndus.t2hosted.com/cmn/auth_ext.aspx.
A few changes to bring to your attention are below:
- Zone changes in lots around campus: the campus map and signs in the lot will reflect changes.
- Housing permits are valid in the housing lot designated to the residence. The Airport is an exception, and people parking there should use the brown A/S/H zone.
If you have additional questions about parking on the UND campus, contact Parking Services at 701.777.3551, or parking@UND.edu.