UND has established a chapter with The National Society of Leadership and Success for students. Madeline Azari and Corey Klatt, both resident directors through Residence Life and Housing, will serve as the Chapter Advisors, helping to facilitate the five-step leadership program on campus.
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the nation’s largest leadership honor society and collegiate leadership development program, and the only program of its kind to have earned accreditation for its programming.
NSLS differentiates itself from traditional honor societies in that students must complete a step-by-step leadership development program in order to become inducted. The curriculum offers students the opportunity to develop many in-demand skills such as leadership, communication, and team building. They will also have the opportunity to complete additional online educational modules in order to earn credit for their work with NSLS.
- Orientation: This is the first event on campus for new members to learn the steps of the program and the schedule of events for the semester.
- Leadership training day: Members attend an interactive video training session where they identify goals and overcome obstacles.
- Three speaker broadcast events: Live streamed events with leaders, celebrities and best-selling authors are scheduled six times per year.
- Three success networking team meetings: Members are assigned to small peer groups and meet bi-weekly to set goals and hold each other accountable.
- Induction: Members receive their Foundations of Leadership certificate honoring their achievement and lifetime membership into NSLS.
Candidacy is determined by the local Chapter Leaders. For the University of North Dakota chapter, this school year’s sophomores, juniors, and seniors with GPAs of 3.0+ were selected for nomination.
Student benefits include:
- Scholarships & awards: NSLS members have access to over a quarter-million dollars in exclusive scholarships and awards.
- Job bank: Members can apply to jobs/internships and have access to employers seeking to hire NSLS members.
- Partner discounts & benefits: Discounts on many retail goods and services.
- Custom recommendations: Members receive personalized letters for graduate admissions officers and employers.
- Professional communication training: A professionally administered communication assessment tool helps to identify communication style, recognize and appreciate other styles, and prepares how to interact effectively with others.
- Nationwide network: Members will join over a million members at over 650 colleges in a network of support and motivation.
If you are interested in learning more about the University of North Dakota’s NSLS chapter, please contact Madeline Azari, Chapter Advisor at email@example.com.