From all of us here at the North Dakota Small Business Development Network (ND SBDC, ND PTAC, and VBOC of the Dakotas), we hope you are safe and well. This is the first installment of our monthly stakeholder updates meant to keep you informed on the state of small businesses in North Dakota and share how the SBDC is working to provide assistance.
First, we would like to thank you for your continued support, and for your work on behalf of North Dakota’s small businesses. These past few months have been difficult but they have shown why North Dakota is such a great state to live and own a business in – because in tough times we work together.
Over the past few months we have increased our capacity and our ability to meet with and advise clients. Additionally, through partnerships with many of you, our stakeholders, we have worked hard to offer an increased number of webinars and learning opportunities, especially for business problems and opportunities related to COVID-19.
Upcoming Opportunities & Recorded Webinars:
Succession Planning – Business Builders Workshop
- Sponsoring Programs: ND SBDC, ND Women’s Business Center, SCORE, VBOC of the Dakotas,West Central MN SBDC, and SBA
- Tuesday, July 14th @ 3:30pm CT – Register
Small Business Legal Issues: Legal Structure, Implications, Bankruptcy and Solvency Issues due to COVID-19
- Sponsoring Program: 4R Project – ND SBDC
- Wednesday, July 15th @ 2pm CT – Register
Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) Loan Forgiveness Application Walk Through and Preparation
- Sponsoring Programs: SBA, ND SBDC, ND Women’s Business Center
- Webinar Recordings available
We have also launched our 4R Project – Recover, Re-open, Re-invent, (be) Resilient to help North Dakota’s small businesses get “back to business.” Some of the assistance that we are offering to small business owners includes:
- Planning and applying for financial debt relief options such as Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans and SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans (EIDL)
- Creating and implementing disaster and continuity of operations plans
- Increasing awareness of cybersecurity issues
- Addressing impacts on supply chains, operations, finances, payroll, sale of products, etc.
Keep your eyes peeled for future updates from us each month. If you know of anyone who may appreciate or benefit from the information contained in this email, please forward it to them or direct them to this site to sign up in the upper right. We hope that you appreciated this update and we look forward to continuing to work with you and serve you in the future.