Mead & Hunt College Student A/E/C Scholarship
Mead & Hunt is proud to offer the College Student A/E/C Scholarship to current college freshmen, sophomores, and juniors pursuing a bachelor’s or associate’s degree in an Architecture/Engineering/Construction field.
To apply, students should plan to major in the following fields or related areas to be eligible:
- Architecture and Interior Design
- History, Architectural History, Historic Architecture, Public History, Historic Preservation, Preservation Planning
- Urban Planning
- Environmental Science
- Construction Services
- Other (related to the A/E/C industry)
Students should also meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a college freshman, sophomore, or junior attending an accredited four-year college or university or a two-year accredited junior or community college, or vocational or technical institution in pursuit of a bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree in an A/E/C related field.
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time in a college or university based in the United States; however, this does not exclude studying abroad for up to one year, as long as the credits are acceptable to the accredited school in which they are enrolled.
- Applicants must have graduated from an accredited high school, completed home schooling or obtained a GED certificate.
- Students who have been referred by a Mead & Hunt employee must disclose who referred them so we can provide a fair judging process.
- Application form outlining academic standing, extra-curricular activities, work experience, and colleges and/or technical schools applied to.
- Essay of no more than 500 words that addresses the applicant’s future goals and academic studies.
- Two letters of reference from non-family members.
- Unofficial transcript.
Two students will be awarded $2,500 each. This is a one-time award per student. Scholarship should be applied to payment of tuition, room and board, and other educational expenses such as books. Once a student has received an award, Mead & Hunt will follow up with the scholar to provide networking and other opportunities with our staff who can help with advice, guidance, or support in the student’s career.
Applications must be received by March 21, 2022. Scholarship winners are notified in late spring of the application year.
Scholarship recipients will be selected by a diverse panel of Mead & Hunt employee judges. Scholarship awards will be based on, but not limited to, academic achievement, school and community activities, and career goals and objectives. Financial need will not be a consideration in the selection process. The scholarship(s) will be awarded based on merit for those who qualify.
The selection committee may use the following criteria for selecting recipients:
- Transcript grades
- School and community activities
- Career goals and objectives
- Letters of reference
- Completeness and effectiveness of the application
Obligation of Scholarship Winners
Continue enrollment as a full-time student in a course of study leading to a bachelor’s degree or an associate’s degree and complete sufficient course hours each grading period to maintain status as a full-time student, as defined by the institution.