Student Opportunity: MARC/U-RISE Program
Do you have at least two years of undergraduate studies remaining until you receive your Bachelor’s degree? Are you interested in being part of a Research Team?
Then the UND MARC/U-RISE Program may be for you!
The MARC/U-RISE program at UND is a National Institutes of Health Research Training Scholarship Program for high achieving (g.p.a. >3.0) undergraduate students who are majoring in health or the sciences (e.g., Psychology, Biology, Math, Chemistry, Nutrition or Engineering). Interested students who have two years of undergraduate study remaining and who have a goal to pursue M.S., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. study are encouraged to apply. Our program is designed to support students through graduation.
Students who are admitted into the MARC/U-RISE Program receive the following benefits:
- 60% of tuition and fees paid during the Junior and/or Senior years.
- Stipend of $1,195/month x 12 months.
- Funds for Approved Travel to Scientific Meetings
- Research Mentoring Experiences
- Learning Community Activities
- Support for a Summer Research Experience (including housing and per diem for off-campus experiences).
- Advisement for Applying to Graduate School
To date, all MARC U-STAR Scholars who have graduated from UND have either matriculated into a graduate program, been accepted into a program or plan on pursuing post-graduate studies in the future. For example, one of our successful student Scholars who graduated from UND was accepted into the Harvard-MIT Medical School program, and another was accepted into the University of Michigan graduate program.