New Databases and Journals
In response to user demand, we have purchased many new databases and journals, listed below:
- Web of Science (WoS) – Online scientific citation indexing service. WoS was #1 on our wish list for 12+ years but was too pricey. Now, the current package costs less than Scopus, and we used one-time funds to buy complete backfiles (to 1900)! Access to EndNote is included! More information will follow.
- AccessEngineering – Engineering reference tool. Provides access to authoritative, regularly updated engineering reference information. Also includes instructional faculty-made videos, calculators, interactive tables and charts, and personalization tools allowing users to organize project information.
- ACLS Humanities E-book Collection – Large collection of scholarly e-books (approx. 5400 titles) from the American Council of Learned Societies.
- Acta Crystallographica – Peer-reviewed scientific journals with articles centered on crystallography, published by the International Union of Crystallography.
- AIAA – Major information resource for aerospace, aviation, and related fields.
- Academic Search Complete – We upgraded from Academic Search Premier (3171 full text journals and magazines, of which 2799 are peer-reviewed journals) to Academic Search Complete (6415 full text journals and magazines, of which 5792 are peer-reviewed journals). A full title list is available online.
- AICHE Journal – Peer-reviewed research journal in chemical engineering and related fields. Reports on important technological advances in core areas of chemical engineering and other relevant engineering disciplines, including biotechnology, electrochemical engineering, and environmental engineering.
- Bloomsbury Applied Visual Arts – Over 170 books that combine visual inspiration with practical advice on idea generation, research techniques, portfolio development and more across visual arts disciplines.
- Chronicle of Higher Education – Licensed online access to the Chronicle of Higher Education has been on our wish list for years. Deans, Presidents, and faculty have all contacted CFL – now we have it!
- Ecology, Journal of Applied Behavior Analysis, & Journal of Experimental Zoology – 3 full text peer-reviewed journals with backfiles.
- Momentum Press – Full text titles in civil, materials science, & manufacturing engineering.
- Psychotherapy.net – Professional psychotherapy resource with online access to psychotherapy articles, interviews, & videos with master psychotherapists like Yalom, Linehan, Meichenbaum, Sue Johnson, etc.
- Sage Deep Backfile – Perpetual access to 33 full text Sage titles from various disciplines.
- Thieme Synlett Backfile – Complete backfile of major chemistry journal reporting research results and current trends in chemical synthesis in short personalized reviews and preliminary communications. Covers scientific fields involving organic synthesis, including catalysis, organometallic, medicinal, biological, and photochemistry, and related disciplines. Allows publication of primary scientific data.
- United States Congressional Serial Set – House and Senate Documents and House and Senate Reports beginning with the 15th Congress, 1st Session, 1817.