4th Floor Closed [Updated]
UPDATE 2: As of February 7th, the Children’s Collection on the fourth floor is open, as is Special Collections. The rest of the collections on the fourth floor are still closed. See below for further details.
UPDATE: As of January 27, the Department of Special Collections has re-opened during its usual opening hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday to Friday. The remainder of the fourth floor remains closed, as described below.
Today (Tuesday, January 7), preparations for installation of the new lights, ceiling, and sprinkler system are now beginning on 4th floor. The floor is now closed to the public, so you will need to place a hold for any books that are listed as being from the 4th floor.
Although the area is closed to the public during this phase of construction, we’ll be able to retrieve books and other items that you need from this floor. To let us know which items you need, you’ll just need to follow these steps to place a hold request:
- Sign in on the library website by clicking on the Logins option from the menu and then choosing Library Account in the options.
- When you identify the item you need while searching, click on the item you’d like to borrow.
- On the screen that pops up, click the GET IT option:
- Then click to place a Hold on the item.
- Change your “Last interest date,” if necessary, and then click to Send Request.
Hold requests will be pulled twice a day while the books are unavailable, and you’ll receive an email letting you know when you can pick the item up from the Circulation Desk. Talk with the Circulation staff (701.777.4644) if you need assistance or have a rush request.
Continue to follow signage to navigate the building and pay close attention to areas with construction signs. Do not enter any area that is closed for construction!