Student Shares his Experience Attending a Supply Chain Case Competition
Hear About Michael Klimek’s Experience Attending the Collins Aerospace Supply Chain Case Competition as an Operations and Supply Chain Management Major
- Tell us about yourself!
- I grew up in Oakdale, MN. I am majoring in Operations and Supply Chain Management. I choose to attend UND because it felt like home when I toured, I was very fortunate to have toured over 20 different colleges throughout high school. I could tell the atmosphere was different here at UND and it felt very natural as soon as I stepped on campus.
- Attending a case competition is a high impact learning experience. Describe your experience at the Collins Aerospace Supply Chain Case Competition.
- The team and I spent 4 weeks preparing our solution ahead of the competition. We spent time analyzing the data we were provided with, brainstorming solutions, and preparing our finding for our presentation. We took an analytical approach and ran multiple calculations to support our conclusion. Our team worked hard to gather as accurate information as we could to further support our initial findings. Unfortunately, we were not selected as a finalist; however, we are still very proud of our accomplishments and all the hard work we put into this competition. Due to unforeseen weather, we were unable to attend in person. Our team in coordination with Collins Aerospace adapted to the situation and came to the agreement that a virtual presentation was our best option.
- How has the Middleton School of Entrepreneurship & Management prepared and supported you to be a successful student both in and outside the classroom?
- The Middleton School of Entrepreneurship & Management has some amazing professors and instructors that have really helped me along the way. They have always been willing to help when able, and even assisted me in finding an internship over the past summer with Cirrus Aircraft.
- What are your future plans?
- I am currently evaluating my options to determine the best fit for me long term and I’m excited to see what the future has in store!