Take action now to be ready for fall classes
We’re so excited to meet your student and welcome them to their new home this fall! However, they must take care of a few things before they join us. If they haven’t already, remind your student to complete their Free Application for Federal Student Aid and to register for classes and an on-campus Orientation Day this summer.
1. Complete FAFSA for the 2021-22 academic year
It’s easy to complete. Your student can go to studentaid.gov and use your 2019 taxes to fill out the form. Remember, they also must use UND code 003005 if they want us to consider them for financial aid. Filling out the FAFSA early provides your student with a better chance to receive an award from programs with limited funds such as Federal Work Study or grants.
2. Register for fall 2021 classes
Does your student still need to register for their fall 2021 classes? All it takes is two easy steps (and only one if they’ve already paid their confirmation deposit) to get enrolled and ready for fall classes.
- Pay the $200 enrollment confirmation deposit. If they haven’t already paid their deposit, this step must be done at least two business days before completing the next step.
- Complete the New Student Transition reservation process. Your student should plan for up to an hour to complete the online Orientation Module and provide their educational history, including any college-level credits they have earned. They’ll also sign up for an online registration date. That date will be the day an advisor will email your student a list of recommended courses along with instructions to register for their first semester of classes. Online registration dates are based on your student’s major.
3. Register for an on-campus Orientation Day
UND Orientation Days give you and your student a chance to get to know UND before they move in for the fall semester. In-person UND Orientation Days will be July 19-23.
You won’t want to miss it, so choose a day and sign up now! Your reservation will be confirmed AFTER your student has registered for courses. Course registration must be done prior to attending UND Orientation Days.