Welcome Weekend is nearly here
Yay! Welcome Weekend is just around the corner Aug. 21-23. Today, we wanted to let you know a little more about what you can expect with the move-in process and share a hint of some of the events planned for you and your student.
We’re so excited to meet you on campus and get your student settled into their new home. Get ready to …
- Receive vital information about classes, faculty and campus.
- Have opportunities to meet other new students at UND.
- Be able to ask questions of current students.
- Get acquainted with campus and the Greater Grand Forks community.
- Have fun! Welcome Weekend gives new students an informal but informative introduction to college life.
And your student will want to check out the …
- Sub Sandwich Feed from 4:30 to 7 p.m. Aug. 21 in Wilkerson Commons.
- Class of 2025 photo at 7:30 p.m. Aug. 21 on the front lawn of the Chester Fritz Library.
- Campus Connection, Blackboard and Starfish Info Sessions from noon to 3 p.m. in Gamble Hall.
- Student Organization Fair from 4 to 6 p.m. Aug. 22 in the Chester Fritz Quad.
- And so much more! Check out the Welcome Weekend website for more events and information.
Move-In will take place from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Aug. 21. All students must sign up for a move-in time to help the campus manage traffic and limit congestion. Review the Move-In Stop Drop & Go Map for directions on how to arrive at campus for check-in and how to proceed to your student’s Stop, Drop & Go zone. All students should arrive at the Wellness Center parking lot by Columbia Road or Gateway Drive. Due to campus construction, traffic traveling north bound and south bound on Columbia Road will not be able to turn west to enter campus via University or 2nd Avenue. Check out the Campus Renewal blog for more construction updates.
Additionally, Squires Hall dining center will be temporarily closed due to low staffing levels.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your arrival to campus, please contact housing@UND.edu.