College BoUND Newsletter

Informational newsletter from the UND Office of Admissions

Director’s Corner Wrap-Up

Happy May!

I want to take a moment to say THANK YOU for all you’ve done to help your students succeed this year! I hope your seniors take time to enjoy all those last moments of their high school career.

I want to bring a few things to your attention to make sure you’re aware of them as the school year comes to a close.

Orientation 

Make students’ transition to UND seamless with the Orientation program. It includes an online advisement and registration process where students will work with an academic advisor to get registered for their classes in the fall. Make sure your students sign up right away to secure their fall schedule.

Then July 17 – 21 and 24 – 25 we’re hosting on-campus Orientation Days! These days are optional but help students familiarize themselves with campus, take care of any outstanding business and learn what to expect during their first year at UND.

Housing 

Remind your students to complete the housing applicationand then select their room, roommate (if they wish) and meal plan. (Please note, meal plans selections are due by June 30. Meal plans will be assigned to students who have not selected by then.) It’s important that they complete the room and roommate selection process in order to choose where they’d like to live next year.

FAFSA 

I encourage all students to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is the only application UND requires to determine eligibility for federal and North Dakota state financial aid programs. Students shouldn’t assume they won’t be eligible for aid – most people qualify for some type of aid, including low-interest federal student loans, workstudy, etc.

Have a wonderful summer! I hope you can enjoy some well-deserved down time, and I look forward to seeing you in the fall!

Jennifer Aamodt
Director of University Admissions