New UND Marketplace payment request for non-employee refunds or reimbursements
A new payment request form has been created within UND Marketplace (Jaggaer) that will allow non-taxable payments to an entity/individual without requiring a new supplier registration (i.e. collection and submission of the W-9). There are no changes to the requirements to provide back-up documentation for the transaction(s). All payment requests submitted on this form will be reviewed by P&PS for appropriateness. Please review the [instructions document] for details.
Examples of non-taxable payments that can utilize this process:
- Refund of a previously paid expense, such as refunds to the general public or attendees for canceled conferences, event registrations, ticket purchases, or funds mistakenly deposited to UND.
- Reimbursement of approved travel or misc. business expenses for a non-employee (e.g., candidates for open positions, UND students or student organizations).
Examples of payments that cannot utilize this process:
- Payments related to the university receiving goods or services
- Payments to research participants
- Refunds of student account charges (including tuition and fees, housing, etc.)
- Payments of prizes and awards
- Employee expense reimbursement
If you have any questions or need additional training, please contact Procurement and Payment Services via email@example.com.