First- and second-year med students recognize six faculty for Outstanding Block Instructor Awards
In recognition of outstanding performance in the encouragement, enrichment, and education of tomorrow’s physicians, the medical classes of 2022 and 2023 have recognized six faculty for Outstanding Block Instructor Awards in Block II and Block VI of the 2019-2020 academic year.
The Class of 2022 (Year 2) Block VI awardees are the following individuals:
- Rhome Hughes, MD – Assistant Professor, SMHS Department of Pathology
- Walter Kemp, MD – Assistant Professor, SMHS Department of Pathology
- Mevan Wijetunga, MD – Altru Health System Department of Cardiology
The Class of 2023 (Year 1) Block I awardees are the following individuals:
- Jon Allen, MD – Director of Simulation and Co-Director, Year 1 and 2, Clinical Science Curriculum Team, SMHS Department of Education Resources
- David Bradley, PhD – Associate Professor, SMHS Department of Biomedical Sciences
- Bryon Grove, PhD – Associate Professor, SMHS Department of Biomedical Sciences
Congratulations to all, and thanks!