Call for Applications: Pilot Projects
In anticipation of funding for the seventh consecutive year, the UND Host-Pathogen Interactions CoBRE invites proposals for pilot projects to support promising research that fits well within the scientific theme of the Center. We anticipate supporting ~2 new pilot projects at up to $40,000 direct costs/year/proposal for one year with anticipated start date of Sept. 1, 2022.
The UND HPI CoBRE program is open to all full time UND faculty. It is expected that this program will attract investigators into the broader research area of host-microbe interactions, foster new collaborations among new and existing investigators, and promote the utilization of flow cytometry, imaging, computational data analysis and histopathology core facilities.
Criteria for evaluation of Pilot Project applications include:
- Strength of the science and the quality and clarity of its presentation.
- Relevance to the focus of UND HPI CoBRE.
- Likelihood of the pilot project becoming a competitive extramural project.
- Likelihood of productivity by the conclusion of this pilot grant funding.
- A clear, detailed plan for utilization of one or more CoBRE Core Laboratories.
- Previous productivity and research funding, both attempted and successful.
CoBRE Projects must have a single Principal Investigator (PI) who will be responsible for the scientific direction and management of the project. Collaborators can be included if the collaboration provides expertise necessary to the proposed research and not held by the PI.
Prospective applicants with questions about eligibility, program details, or the “fit” of their project to the CoBRE theme are encouraged to contact Dr. David S. Bradley at 701-777-2610 or david.s.bradley@UND.edu.