For Your Health
For Your Health

News from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences

Brown-Borg named Interim Associate Dean for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion at SMHS

Holly Brown-Borg, Ph.D., Chester Fritz Distinguished Professor in UND’s Department of Biomedical Sciences, will serve as interim associate dean for diversity, equity, and inclusion at the UND School of Medicine & Health Sciences (SMHS). Dr. Brown-Borg, who is taking on the role recently vacated by Dr. Donald Warne, will serve as the primary contact at the SMHS for efforts relating to diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). She will also provide coordination between the University and the SMHS on matters relating to DEI.

“I am very pleased to accept this interim role and hope that I can serve the position well,” said Brown-Borg. “DEI continues to be an important part of our work here at the School, and while I have big shoes to fill I’m excited to get to work on this new challenge.”

A longtime faculty member at the SMHS, Dr. Brown-Borg is also the School’s assistant dean for gender equity. A prolific researcher, she specializes in biological processes involving aging, endocrinology, metabolism, and oxidative stress.