Center for Rural Health celebrates National Rural Health Day
Thursday of this week – Nov. 16 – was National Rural Health Day! The State Offices of Rural Health and the National Rural Health Association have designated the third Thursday in November as a day to highlight rural communities as wonderful places to live and work, increase awareness of rural health-related issues, and promote the efforts of State Offices of Rural Health and the National Organization of State Offices of Rural Health (NOSORH) in addressing these issues.
The UND Center for Rural Health invites you to join us in promoting and celebrating rural health in North Dakota!
- In partnership with NOSORH, UND’s CRH has identified a Community Rural Health Star. Community Stars are individuals or organizations who truly make a positive impact in rural communities. This year North Dakota is celebrating Pete Antonson, former CEO and current CFO of Northwood Deaconess Health Center. Learn more about Pete here; and if you know Pete, send him a note of congratulations!
- Listen to RHIhub’s latest podcast, Exploring Rural Health, focuses on National Rural Health Day and a Behavioral Health Community Star.
- Read the Governor Burgum’s proclamation about National Rural Health Day.
- See North Dakota supporters and find more resources.
- Celebrate the winners of the North Dakota Rural Health Association photo contest here.
2023 National Rural Health Day Supporters
- Center for Rural Health, Grand Forks
- CHI Oakes Hospital, Oakes
- CHI Lisbon Health, Lisbon
- Dakota Regional Medical Center, Cooperstown
- Langdon Prairie Health, Langdon
- North Dakota Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics, Grand Forks
- North Dakota Rural Health Association, Grand Forks
- Rough Rider High Value Network
- SMP Health – St. Kateri, Rolla
- Towner County Medical Center, Cando