For Your Health
For Your Health

News from the University of North Dakota School of Medicine & Health Sciences

Peterson named winner of the 2023 UND Foundation/Karleen Home Rosaaen Award for Excellence in Academic Advising

Samantha Peterson, Ph.D., M.L.S. (ASCP)cm, assistant professor in the UND Department of Medical Laboratory Science, has been named by UND as one of winners of the 2023 UND Foundation/Karleen Home Rosaaen Award for Excellence in Academic Advising. This award, along with other various campus awards, will be presented to Dr. Peterson at UND Founders Day on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024.

“The department is so appreciative of Dr. Peterson’s work in advising master’s students in our program,” noted Chair of the Department of Medical Laboratory Science Brooke Solberg, Ph.D. “Because our ‘MS in MLS’ program is all online, the advisor plays an integral role in keeping students connected and supported. Samantha’s efforts are a testament to the positive impact an involved and dedicated advisor can have on a student’s educational journey.”

Graduating from UND through the Western College Alliance for Medical Laboratory Science (WCAMLS) in 2014, Peterson also earned master and doctoral degrees from UND. She has been teaching for the Department since 2016.

“Students are the driving force behind everything that I do in my faculty position at UND,” added Peterson. “I genuinely care for each of my students and want what is best for them, not just academically but also in their lives as a whole. I am incredibly honored to have received one of the 2023 UND Foundation/Karleen Home Rosaaen Awards for Excellence in Academic Advising and feel reassured that what I do in my position at UND makes an impact on those I serve.”