Virtual PD Workshop: Sphero in the Classroom
NASA-in-the-Classroom Professional Development Workshop
15 PD hours were completed on 8/13/20. VIRTUAL Hands-on Professional Development Workshop open to all ND educators
Stay at home and participate in this 100% virtual NASA-in-the-Classroom professional development workshop. Open to all North Dakota K-12 educators and education majors, participants will receive a free Sphero robot and join their class as they learn how to integrate coding into the curriculum. Participants will also be able to interview a NASA technology expert, as well as learn about other NASA education and funding opportunities to stay involved throughout the year.
Hosted by the North Dakota Space Grant Consortium (NDSGC) and United Tribes Technical College (UTTC), we encourage interested educators to request a seat in the workshop, regardless of your experience levels, subject content areas, and teaching experience.
Documents and Resources
- NASA Education Opportunities for ND Teachers
- Space Academy for Educators
- K-12 outreach website
- Sphero Global Challenge
- Information on how to apply for NDSGC mini-grants
- Information on how to apply for Sphero classroom sets
- UTTC Resources/Opportunities
- To apply for an educator mini-grant, here is the website with application information. Due September 1, 2020!
- Conference and Space Camp opportunities (and how to sign up) will be emailed to you throughout the year.
- Check your email for:
- video recordings
- participant contact sheet
- Agenda with links
- Lesson Plans and Certificates
- Directions on Sphero sign-ups for 2020-2021
Thank you for a great workshop!
Please reach out to Marissa (email@example.com) or Caitlin (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.