STEM Ambassador Applications Now Open!
- Be enrolled at an NDSGC affiliate institution as a graduate student or undergraduate student in the 2023 – 2024 academic year
- e.g. H.S. seniors who graduated in spring 2023 and are enrolling in Fall 2023 in an NDSGC affiliate college/university are eligible to apply!
- Open to online AND on-campus students
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Be a U.S. Citizen.
- Successful completion of a Criminal Records Check.
Duties & Responsibilities
STEM Ambassadors conduct hands-on activities with North Dakota students, families, and communities. Their duties can include K-12 classroom visits and informal education events (library outreach, family nights, science festivals, girl/boy scout activities, etc.). Students must be comfortable securing their own outreach events and confident to visit schools. STEM Ambassadors will work individually, with other STEM Ambassadors, and with the NDSGC team, depending on the type of community engagement event. STEM Ambassadors can also staff the reception desk of the NDSGC offices, assist with educator workshops, schedules NDSGC social media posts, and develop K-12 lesson plans. This is a flexible position and students can work between 0 and 20 hours a week depending on their schedules.
STEM Ambassadors must visit the UND campus and attend a training session at the start of the fall semester. All majors are welcome to apply!
Students must apply at both the NDSGC website and the UND employment website.
Applications are due July 1st!
Reach out to NDSGC Director, Dr. Caitlin Milera (Caitlin.firstname.lastname@example.org), with any questions.