UND’s University Council meets Tuesday April 27; topics include legislative and college updates
The University of North Dakota’s main governing body, University Council, will hold its spring meeting Tuesday, April 27, 3-4:30 p.m. . via Zoom.
The meeting will include comments from President Andy Armacost, a legislative update, and updates from several colleges.
The agenda follows:
- Call to Order, University Senate Chair Liz Legerski
- Establish Quorum, Secretary Scott Correll
- Welcome/Introduction, Liz Legerski (5 min.)Select College and School Updates
- Nistler College of Business & Public Administration Dean Amy Henley (7 min.)
- College of Education and Human Development Dean Cindy Juntunen (7 min.)
- School of Medicine and Health Sciences Dean Joshua Wynne (7 min.)
- College of Nursing & Professional Disciplines Dean Diana Kostrzewski (7 min.)
- School of Graduate Studies Associate Dean Chris Nelson (7 min.)
- Other Business (10 min.)
- Legislative Session Updates by Jed Shivers, VP Finance and Operations (15 min.)
- Closing Comments by President Andrew Armacost (10 min.)
- Question & Answer period (15 min.)
- Adjourn, Liz Legerski
The University Legislature consists of the University Council and the University Senate. While the University Senate meets monthly during the academic year, the University Council meets once during the fall and spring semesters.
According to the University of North Dakota Constitution, the University Council includes: “the President; the Vice Presidents; Associate Vice Presidents who concurrently hold faculty rank; the Registrar; the Director of Libraries; all deans; all department chairpersons; all of the benefited faculty of any rank, including lecturer, instructor, assistant professor, associate professor, and professor; program directors, coordinators, assistant and associate deans who concurrently hold faculty rank; professional librarians; and such other academic personnel and administrative officers as the Council may designate” (https://und.edu/academics/university-senate/_files/docs/university-senate/us-constitution.pdf).