Sept. 19: Patents and intellectual property as part of a business strategy
Please join us at a panel discussion for students, staff, faculty, and the Grand Forks business community on “The Importance of Patents and Intellectual Property (IP) as Part of a Business Strategy,” Tuesday, Sept. 19, 1 to 3 p.m. in the Memorial Union Lecture Bowl. Refreshments will be served.
The moderator is Mike Moore, Associate Vice President for Corporate Engagement at UND.
Panelists are Molly Kocialski, Director, Rocky Mountain Regional USPTO; Jason Jenkins, Associate General Counsel, State of North Dakota; Wayne Seames, Professor of Chemical Engineering and National Academy of Inventors Fellow; and an invited corporate representative from Northrop Grumman.
They will discuss:
- Where/when to use patents, trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets in your business
- How to obtain IP to protect your ideas
- New developments in the U.S. Patent & Trademark Office
- IP perspectives from faculty and industry
- Student involvement in IP at UND
Sponsored by the Office of Research & Economic Development and Chester Fritz Library.