University Letter Guidelines
Welcome to University Letter, UND’s faculty/staff newsletter and the official communication vehicle of the University.
University Letter is published online Tuesday and Thursday mornings during the academic year and weekly during summers and breaks. It is also emailed to faculty and staff. All articles are archived and searchable.
Categories include Campus News, Events, Announcements, Research, Bulletin Board, Honors, and In Remembrance.
Criteria for publication
- Information must be received by 3 p.m. Monday or Wednesday for the next day’s publication.
- Please submit information online at https://blogs.und.edu/uletter/ . We are not able to accept PDFs or posters; submissions should be in Word or text.
- We would love to include your .jpg graphics! Please send to email@example.com.
- Events must be included in the UND calendar at https://calendar.und.edu/ to also be included in University Letter.
- Content is subject to editing.
- Information must be of interest to faculty and staff.
- Cultural events within the community may be included at the discretion of the editor.
- Donated leave requests will be published pending approval by the Director of Human Resources.
- Events on University property may be included if they are of interest to campus community.
- Information from outside organizations will be considered for publication based on the benefit to and interest of the campus community. Please be aware that placement is not guaranteed.
- We are not able to publish charitable events, fundraisers, etc. One exception may be those sponsored by student organizations.
- Flyers and advertisements will not be published.
- Messages that are political in nature will not be published.
- If you would like your event to appear on the University calendar, you may enter it at https://und.edu/calendar/index.php/admin/login/logmein/admin/event/new-event .
Thank you for your interest in University Letter. If you have questions, please contact Jan Orvik at 701.777.3621 or jan-dot-orvik at UND.edu.