Wellness on top
UND Rec Center and health promotion programs consistently make short lists for best around
UND continues to make waves around the nation and world when it comes to health, fitness and the beauty of the campus.
But why take our word for it?
Check out these independent and objective assessments – new and old — from publications in the know.
Most recently, on Monday, it was announced that UND had been named the most beautiful college campus in North Dakota by Travel + Leisure.
Then just last month, UND Wellness & Health Promotion was ranked No. 1 by College Magazine in helping students reach their fitness goals.
Obviously, having a world-class Wellness Center on campus goes a long way in making UND stand out in the crowd. But, it’s the people that make the facility tick and the 7 Dimensions of Wellness programming, provided within and without, that are the true heart and soul of the UND Wellness Center.
Before you think these distinctions are some flash in the pan, consider the following roll up of past national recognitions for our esteemed Wellness Center:
- March 7, 2017 – Campus Rec magazine: Make Healthy Eating Fun and Applicable
- 7, 2017 – Lendedu.com: Top 30 College Recreation Centers
- 22, 2016 – Campus Rec magazine: Nutrition is Key to Wellness
- 19, 2016 – Greatist.com: The 26 Healthiest Colleges in the US
- 13, 2016 – Campus Rec magazine: Get Creative with Healthy Eating
- April 2016 – com: College Rec Centers Expanding into Student Life Hubs
- March 21, 2016 – Campus Rec magazine: Facility of the Week
- Feb-March, 2016 – net: Best Student Recreation Centers
- Feb-March, 2016 – com: The 35 Most Luxurious Recreation Centers
- 28, 2015 – MSN.com: America’s 11 Best College Gyms
- July 18, 2015 – com: Best College Rec Centers in America
- 24, 2014 – Lifehack.org: 12 Awesome American College Gyms Everyone Envies
- April 9, 2012 – com: The 25 Healthiest Colleges in the US