Please join us for the Teaching Transformation and Development Academy’s Spring 2021 book read: How We Fight for Our Lives by Saeed Jones.
This coming-of-age memoir depicts the experiences of a young, black, gay man cultivating his identity in the American South. In our continued Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion efforts on campus, we will highlight this intersectional memoir as part of our broadening inquiries into DEI work by uplifting black voices during spring semester’s Black History Month.
Registration is limited, so please register early. Doing so secures you a copy of the memoir (paperback or digital) and a space in one of our small reading groups. You will also have the ability to opt-in for the April 1 event. The timeline for the book reading event is as follows:
- Week of Feb. 1: Kickoff Event
- Week of Feb. 8: Read and Discuss Part 1
- Week of Feb. 22: Read and Discuss Part 2
- Week of March 8: Read and Discuss Part 3
- Week of March 22: Read and Discuss Part 4
- April 1: The UND Writers Conference & Humanities North Dakota presents “An Evening with Saeed Jones” at 7 p.m.
Please click here to register for the book study. Registration will close Friday, Jan. 22, at noon.
This book study is sponsored by TTaDA in collaboration with the UND Writer’s Conference.